zondag 2 augustus 2009

Back again……

PICT0206

After a break of two months I’m finally back and still alive and kicking !Many thanks to Gonda (The old and the beautiful),Vale(Les cortions)and Mea(Mayflower)for leaving  such kind words  where I was .Somehow there were  so many things to do and so little time for my blog.But now my holiday is almost over  my’normal’ life of working,cleaning,cooking and blogging is slowly coming back and I’m packed with new ideas for my blog!

PICT0207

 PICT0210 PICT0209

It sounds a bit boring ‘normal’life but there’s nothing wrong with it.I always enjoy going on a holiday but also enjoy coming back.Especially if  I’ve  found some nice things for my house .This wreath of gypsophila I made some time ago and added  some new founds to it.A few hearts of stone ( nice addition to my hearts collection) ,some green and some shells for a little holiday touch !PICT0213

We don’t life that far from the sea so there always a little holiday feeling if we’ve been on the beach either for a little sunbathing or a nice walk.And it isn’t very difficult to have a large stock of all sorts of shells as well!!It’s always fun decorating with shells.Every summer at a certain point I get that ‘beach and shells’ feeling.It really means summer to me, not that I spend a lot of the time sunbathing ,that’s not quite my thing but it’s the feeling of sun and the seabreeze, fun ,holidays ,everything.So my’ Happy memories’ wallcupboard is filled with old cards and shells.

PICT0211 PICT0212 PICT0232

A nice old of course ,white bowl ,filled with shells,rope,feathers and an old card. An easy way to give your room a beachy feeling.What to think of this new book I found.It’s could ‘zeezicht’ or sea sight and is packed with beach houses and ways of getting the right beach atmosphere in your (beach)house.

PICT0233PICT0234PICT0228 

So I’ve put some of this book ideas into practice and started decorating !

PICT0240PICT0230

These shell pots are fun to make especially with kids.You need some glass jars and some glue to stick the shells to the jar and then a rubber band to hold it together.You can remove the band after some time.Then a candle in it and ready it is.You can also decorate it with some(old) rope tight to the jar. 

DSC00359DSC00358

DSC00360 DSC00361 

Yes it’s very clear we have been to the beach and came home with lots of shells.First a quick wash because you only like the smell of shells on the beach but not in your home !!!!Then you let them dry on a sunny spot and then the fun starts.Trying to stick the shells to the pot without them falling of .But still it’s fun to make ,and your reward comes when darkness falls………

  DSC00368

Some very original lights.

PICT0304PICT0306PICT0303

So far my post for this time many greetings from me ,and of course my Jack Russel ,Jackie !!!

  ANITA.